Friday, May 15, 2009

Marketing to two different groups

Living in St. Louis City for 4 years now I have come across the expected suburban dwellers reaction and arguments against living in the city and I normally take the high road focusing on the positives of the city instead of pointing out the inherent deficiencies of a suburban environment.

I realize that I can't win them all but I have been faced with a unique challenge in my discussions with lifelong city residents. I owe them a lot of respect for sticking it out and maintaining their places their neighborhoods in the face of such turmoil but to me its seems like some have lost that twinkle in their eye that if they were not so stubborn or if they had the economic incentive they would move out to so and so because of ...

The normal logical process does always get through as they have forlorn reasoning for something more visceral, a discongruence from the city that is today wishing for a more nostalgic past.

I love our historic and built structures but I would greatly miss the diversity that comes with modern life and something that is akin to a modern city today.

I believe that there has to be a better way of bringing together old and new residents through community building I just haven't discovered the ideal solution yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive