Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A meeting with the Bob's

So I'm at our neighborhood meeting tonight frustratingly listening to my alderperson defending her counterparts 11th hour spending of over $400 thousand dollars, when strangely she hasn't spent a dime in 3 years. No suprise that I get the impression of scorn in how dare we as constituents question their decsions, but what really troubles me is her argument for these appropriations. "The experts tell us what is needed."

Therein lies the problem and the ever famous reference to Office Space, if for example the street divison knows which streets are in most urgent need of repairs and are ultimately responsible for the repairs why are they not appropriated the money directly to do it themselves.

Whatever passes for job justification I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive